Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"At the porch"

Don't you love this painting! I can't get enough of all the wonderful details in the girls costumes and the entire mood of the picture is so soothing!I wish I can have the original to hang in my room! This is a painting by Russian master Rostislav Filitsin ,1855. Here you can see a couple of other works by him (click to enlarge).
Recently I have stumbled upon a great blog where the author is trying to introduce us to a great number of mostly unknown Russian painters. Have fun browsing through the catalogue. Hopefully the fact that it is in Russian would not stop you from enjoying the art. Please click on the name from the list on your left and you will be forwarded to their works. Don't forget to click on the pictures to appreciate it in bigger format.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment